Friday, June 10, 2011

Surgery Day 3.







Im really bleak that I havent had time to sit and write down everything I've down. I'm certain I've forgotten to share so many stories. But this craziness has been really productive. Many of these photos are from the schoool visit to St Paul's Academy. The student team is incredible. Sophie is an Archaelogist and Kristy is a 5th-year Med Student. Both of them are super sweet, really fun and are doing a wonderful job taking initiative and entertaining the kids. Today, I think we did 31 surgeries. We've done so many cleft palate repairs this week. OH we got chocolate milk at tea time today! (I think I'm the only one who was drinking it, but it totally made my day!) I watched another interesting surgery, removing a huge bulge of tissue that was over the one side of a woman's face. (I'm sure there's a technical term for it.. But there you go.) Tomorrow brings many more surgeries, many more memories built with extraordinary people and, no doubt, a ton more jokes with the anaesthesia team. Also, go download this song, it's super cute and free. And for every download they donate a dollar to Opertaion Smile. If we reach our goal, and with your help we will, we'll be able to raise funds for 41 surgeries through this. A song for a smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment